Dated May 10, 2019
PerioSciences LLC is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our Web site. By accessing periosciences.com, you acknowledge that you have read and fully understand PerioSciences LLC’s Privacy Statement and you freely agree and consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Web site Privacy Statement.
Participating Merchant Policies
This Web site may contain links to third party social media Web sites, which have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective Web site. PerioSciences LLC does not share any Personal Information with such third party Web sites. In addition, such Web sites are not operated by us, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by us of those other Web sites, their content or services, or the persons or entities associated with those Web sites. . Since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of such third party Web sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those Web sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of such third parties before you provide any Personal Information (as hereinafter defined) or complete any transaction with such parties.
In order to use this Web site, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about our Web site in which you have expressed interest, as well to provide you with information about new products, emerging science, and our newsletter. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving this information by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” option. More information about our use of your information and your options with respect to such use is set forth in the sections below entitled “Collection of Your Personal Information”, “Use of your Personal Information” and “Your Access to and Control Over Information”. PerioSciences will respond to and process requests from users to “Do Not Track”.
Collection of your Personal Information
PerioSciences LLC collects certain personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number, and also maintains information about your purchasing history. PerioSciences LLC may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. All such information is referred to in this Privacy Statement as “Personal Information”.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by PerioSciences LLC as set forth below. PerioSciences LLC uses this information for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the PerioSciences LLC Web site. This information that may be collected is as follows:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- Domain names.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the Web site.
- State or country from which you accessed the Web site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page from which you linked to our Web site.
- Pages you viewed on the Web site.
Use of your Personal Information
PerioSciences LLC collects and uses your Personal Information for the following purposes, consistent with applicable law(s):
- to operate the PerioSciences LLC Web site;
- to fulfill orders, process credit card transactions, provide information about an order (e.g., order confirmations, shipment notifications, etc.), and deliver the services you have requested (note that service providers who perform business functions or services on our behalf are bound by contractual obligations consistent with this Privacy Statement);
- to inform you (by e-mail and postal mail) of other products or services available from PerioSciences LLC and its affiliates (unless you have expressed a preference otherwise)
- to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services/products or of potential new services/products that may be offered;
- to respond to your requests and provide user support;
- to evaluate and improve the content of our services;
- to customize the services to your preferences;
- to establish accounts to use the services;
- to check on your account status and maintain a record of activities in connection with your account;
- to enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies;
- to prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes;
- to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or to exercise our legal claims
- or defend against legal claims; and/or
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies.
PerioSciences LLC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists or any Personal Information to third parties.
PerioSciences LLC may share certain data collected from visitors to the Web site with analytics providers to help us perform statistical analysis through anonymous identifiers. Such information is not personally identifiable. All such third parties are prohibited from using this information except to provide these analytics services to PerioSciences LLC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. In addition, PerioSciences LLC uses Google Analytics’ advertising function to allow visitors who Google dental products and services to link to the PerioSciences LLC Web site from Google. However, Google does not share any personally identifiable information with third parties. PerioSciences LLC keeps track of the pages our customers visit within PerioSciences LLC’s Web site, in order to determine what PerioSciences LLC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and offers to customers who have indicated interest in a particular PerioSciences LLC subject area, product or service.
The PerioSciences LLC Web site uses “cookies” to help us enhance the functionality of our Web site, and to personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We use these cookies specifically for a few purposes:
- to provide a convenience feature to save you time, for example, to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page;
- to remember your actions on a prior visit; or
- to recall your specific information on subsequent visits, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
Even if you register with our Web site, these cookies contain no personally identifiable information. Cookies are not used for any other purposes. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the PerioSciences LLC services or Web site.
Security of your Personal Information
PerioSciences LLC secures your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, to protect it from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to the Web sites of our third party service providers for processing, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. PerioSciences LLC also requires that its third party service providers who access this Personal Information: use it only for the purpose of carrying out valid transactions, utilize secure technology, and are subject to and comply with the requirements of prevailing laws.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and therefore PerioSciences LLC cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through our Web site. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your Personal Information (and ensure that our vendors do the same), any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk, and by using our Web site, you acknowledge and accept these risks. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Web site.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us, or use by us of your Personal Information at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given below to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change or correct any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- Have us cease using and/or erase any data we have about you; provided, however, that we may retain information collected for as long as you use our Web site or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide the products and services you have ordered, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Changes to this Statement
PerioSciences LLC will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in the law, company policy, and customer feedback. PerioSciences LLC encourages you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how PerioSciences LLC is protecting your information. If at any time we decide to use Personal Information in a manner which is different from that stated at the time it was collected, it will be in accordance with applicable law, and disclosed in an updated Privacy Statement.
PerioSciences LLC welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, need to contact us regarding your rights, or believe that PerioSciences LLC has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact us at PerioSciences LLC, at 11700 Preston Road, Dallas, Texas 75230, 800-915-8110, or at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to your inquiry, and/or determine a solution and remedy the problem.